Adjunct Clinical Professor
Director of Research and Product Development
Dr. Tori Hudson, Naturopathic Physician, graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1984 and has since served the college in many capacities including Professor, Medical Director, Associate Academic Dean, and Academic Dean. She is currently an adjunct clinical professor at NUNM, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Bastyr University. Dr. Hudson has been in practice for more than 30 years, is the medical director of her clinic, A Woman’s Time, in Portland, OR, and is the director of product research and education for Vitanica. She is also the founder and co-director of Naturopathic Education and Research Consortium, a nonprofit for accredited naturopathic residencies.
Dr. Hudson has recently been appointed as a faculty member of the Fellowship in Integrative Health and Medicine, Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine.
Dr. Hudson was awarded the 1990 President’s Award from the American Association of Naturopathic Physician’s for her research in the field of women’s health care, the 1999 prestigious Naturopathic Physician of the Year award, the 2003 NCNM Alumni Pioneer Award and the 2009 Natural Products Association NW Pioneer Award. In 2012, she was inducted into the NCNM Hall of Fame.
She is a nationally recognized author, speaker, educator, researcher and clinician. Dr. Hudson serves on several editorial boards, advisory panels and as a consultant to the natural products industry.
Dr. Hudson is the Program Director for the Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine.
Areas of expertise:
Women’s health, primary care for women and gynecology/endocrinology.
- Clinical Professor, National College of Natural Medicine, Portland; Bastyr University; Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- First Woman in the United States to become a full professor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Guest lecturer, Oregon Health Sciences University, Alta Bates Medical Center, University of North Carolina, Kaiser Permanente, St. Charles Hospital and other medical schools and institutions.
- Conducts symposiums and training for health care professionals
- Nationwide lectures for both professionals and the general public. Dr. Hudson also appears on many local and network radio and TV programs including appearances on “Good Morning America”, PBS’s “Healthy Living Series”, and Lifetime’s “New Attitudes”
- Author of scientific papers, textbooks, medical resource books, and consumer articles
- Awarded the American Association of Naturopathic Physician’s President Award, for her research conducted in the field of women’s health care -1990
- Menopause and botanical treatments.
- Natural treatment protocols for cervical dysplasia
- Clinical practice, 31 years
- Private practice and medical director, A Woman’s Time Health Clinic, Portland, OR
- Director of research, product development and education; Vitanica
- Advisory Board for Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy
- Natural products industry.
- Natural products industry trade publications: Taste for Life, Nutrition Science News, Delicious Magazine
- Women’s Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine; 2nd Edition, McGraw Hill, 2008
- Women’s Health Update, volume I, II, III, TK Publications *
- Gynecology and Naturopathic Medicine, A Treatment Manual; 4th Edition, Beaverton, OR TK Publications 1995
- Contributor: Text of Natural Medicine, Third Edition; Churchill Livingston, 2005
Published Research – Highlights
- The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine “Osteoporosis: An Overview for Clinical Practice”
- The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine “Consecutive case study research of carcinoma in situ of cervix”
- The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine “Clinical Effects of a Menopausal Botanical Formula”
- The Journal of Naturopathic Medicine “Escharotic Treatment for Cervical Dysplasia and Carcinoma”
Published Articles – Highlights
- The Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients her monthly column, “Women’s Health Update”
- Emerson Ecologics, monthly column, Women’s Health Update
- Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Natural health magazines; Taste for Life, Health, Good Housekeeping, Prevention, American Health, Vegetarian Times, Fitness, Healthy Living, and others
- Rodale Press Books; numerous contributions
* For Women’s Health Update, Vols. I, II, & III, please email A Woman’s Time or call (503) 222-2322.